Volunteers at Imagine Housing have many opportunities to help us achieve our mission. Our volunteers help cook community meals, deliver basic needs supplies to our residents, write letters to elected officials, and assist staff with key projects.
Basic Needs Delivery Hero: Many residents depend on resources from community partners to stay healthy and provide for their families. Volunteer drivers pick up vital supplies and deliver weekly to properties. Our current volunteer needs are:
- Farms For Life: Bring fresh produce from a local farm to residents at our communities. Tuesdays at noon.
- Eastside Baby Corner: Ensure parents have the resources they need to raise happy, healthy kids. Pick up supplies for children and deliver to families in need. Thursdays at 9 am.
- Food Delivery: When home-bound residents can’t make it to the food bank, volunteers make a huge impact by bringing food to them. 2nd and 4th Fridays at 1pm.
Community Dinners: Provide a monthly dinner for residents. Community dinners bring our residents together and create a unique sense of community. Great for families or small groups.
Advocate: We depend on your engagement to help promote affordable housing on the Eastside, and educate others about the dire need in our community. See our advocacy page to learn more about advocating for a diverse and inclusive Eastside.
Gala & Auction: We rely on over 50 volunteers to help make our Imagine Gala & Auction run smoothly. In addition to many roles on the night of the event, we also need volunteers in the weeks and months leading up to the event. The 2019 Gala & Auction is March 30th, 2019.
Long term opportunities
Young Professionals Board: Network, gain Board experience, and make an impact in your community.
Community Board: Our Community Board is dedicated to engaging representative community members in the operation of the organization and in the development of new affordable housing communities.
Committees: Committees support every facet of the organization from housing development to fundraising.
Imagine Housing Board: Our Board Members support every facet of our organization and provide leadership, oversight, and expertise in an array of fields.
Our Volunteer Process
- Fill out volunteer interest form.
- A staff member will reach out to you to learn more about you.
- Attend a volunteer orientation
- Submit application and background check
- Meet with a staff member to determine the best fit and get started!
If you are interested in a group volunteer activity, contact Kathryn.
Upcoming Volunteer Orientations:
Thursday, October 11, 2018 6 PM – 7 PM
Ready to Volunteer?
Fill out our volunteer interest form and a staff member will be in touch soon!