“This has become such a wonderful experience for the office… Volunteering with Imagine Housing is a great way for us to meet community members, support affordable housing, and build relationships.” - Rich Whitehill, monthly community dinner volunteer
Check out our volunteer opportunities below and submit a volunteer interest form to get started!
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
Basic Needs Delivery Hero: Many residents depend on resources from community partners to stay healthy and provide for their families. Volunteer drivers pick up vital supplies and deliver weekly to properties. Our current volunteer needs are:
- Eastside Baby Corner: Ensure parents have the resources they need to raise happy, healthy kids. Pick up supplies for children and deliver to families in need. Thursdays at 9 am.
- Food Delivery: When home-bound residents can’t make it to the food bank, volunteers make a huge impact by bringing food to them. 2nd and 4th Fridays at 12 pm.
- Farms For Life: Bring fresh produce from a local farm to residents at our communities. Tuesdays at 9:30 am. (June through October only)
Community Dinners: We are seeking individuals or small groups to provide and serve a community meal for our residents. We host weekly or bi-weekly community dinners at 6 of our properties, located in Bellevue, Kirkland, Issaquah, and Sammamish. Dinners should include a main course and one side for about 30-40 people. This is a great opportunity for families, team building, or small groups of 3-5. Community dinners bring our residents together and create a unique sense of community.
You can make it a regular event, or just do it once in a while. You can drop food off for our Supportive Services staff to serve to the residents, or you can stay and help serve.
Advocate: We depend on your engagement to help promote affordable housing on the Eastside, and educate others about the dire need in our community. See our advocacy page to learn more about advocating for a diverse and inclusive Eastside.
Long Term Opportunities
Young Professionals Board: Network, gain Board experience, and make an impact in your community. Ages 25-35.
Community Board: Our Community Board is dedicated to engaging representative community members in the operation of the organization and in the development of new affordable housing communities.
Committees: Committees support every facet of the organization from housing development to fundraising.
Imagine Housing Board: Our governing Board provides leadership, oversight, and expertise in a variety of fields.
Our Volunteer Process
- Fill out volunteer interest form.
- A staff member will reach out to you to learn more about you.
- Attend a volunteer orientation
- Submit application and background check
- Meet with a staff member to determine the best fit and get started!
If you are interested in a group volunteer activity, contact Jen at JenB@imaginehousing.org.
Upcoming Volunteer Orientations:
We require attending a volunteer orientation before or shortly after you begin your volunteer service. They are held in the evenings at the Imagine Housing office in Kirkland. Use the signup form below and add “attending volunteer orientation on (date)” in the comment box.
Tuesday, June 4th 6-7pm
Tuesday, July 16th 6-7pm
Tuesday August 13th 6-7pm
Ready to Volunteer?
Fill out our volunteer interest form and a staff member will be in touch soon!