If you are homeless and need help now, call 211.

For resources related to COVID-19, check out our COVID-19 Resource Page

Other Resources

Housing & Shelter

Safe Parking Program
Safe Parking is a program for women and families living in their cars is available at the Lake Washington United Methodist Church. If you would like to be a guest of our Safe Parking program or a volunteer host, or just want more information, please email Karina O’Malley, or call her at 425.922.8051.

If you are homeless and need help now, call 211 to connect with Coordinated Entry for All. You can also look at 211 resources for your area online at 211.org.

The Sophia Way
The Sophia Way’s mission is to end homelessness for women by providing shelter, social services, and permanent housing with support. If you are a woman in need of shelter in King County, call (425) 463-6254 or email intake@sophiaway.org.

The Washington State Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) has a Housing and Essential Needs referral program. Learn more on their website.

The Young Women’s Christian Association (YWCA) offers safe and confidential housing for women and families who are experiencing domestic violence (DV). This is a short-term emergency shelter program for women and children only. Call 206-461-4882 for a phone screening or learn more on their website.

King County Housing Authority
King County Housing Authority provides rental housing and rental assistance with low and moderate incomes in much of King County. Call (206) 574‑1100 or learn more at on their website.


The US Department of Agriculture (USDA), Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), called Basic Food in Washington, helps low income people make ends meet by providing monthly benefits to buy food. Learn more about how to apply on the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) at on their website. You can also apply in person at any DSHS Office (find an office near you).

Hopelink Food Assistance is available to people living in Bellevue, Kirkland, Redmond, Shoreline, and Sho-Valley. Call your nearest Hopelink center to schedule an appointment to register with your local food bank (find a location near you). Once you are registered you will be able to attend twice per month.

Households with Children

Eastside Baby Corner
Eastside Baby Corner (EBC) works with local agencies to bring essentials to local children living in poverty or crisis. Call 425-865-0234 or learn more on their website


Sound Generations
Sound Generations serves older adults, adults with disabilities in King County, and those who care for them in King County. Learn more about their transportation assistance, Meals on Wheels program, and many other services by calling 206-448-3110 or on their website

Medicare is our country’s health insurance program for people age 65 or older. To apply for Medicare or to learn more, go to their website

Health and Disability

Health Care Authority
The Washington State Health Care Authority connects Washington residents with healthcare resources and services. Learn more on their website.  

Washington Health Plan Finder
The Washington Health Benefit Exchange is responsible for the operation of Washington Healthplanfinder, an online marketplace for individuals and families to find, compare and enroll in Qualified Health Plans, Qualified Dental Plans and Washington Apple Health (Medicaid). To apply for Modified Adjusted Gross Income (MAGI) coverage, go to their website

Community Health Centers
The Seattle & King County Public Health Office has a comprehensive list of Community Health Centers here on their website

Social Security Disability Benefits
Social Security pays disability benefits to people who can’t work because they have a medical condition that’s expected to last at least one year or result in death. Find out if you qualify and how Social Security can help you on their website

Mental and Behavioral Health

Crisis Connections
The 24-Hour Crisis Line provides immediate help to individuals, families, and friends of people in emotional crisis. Call 7-1-1 to get help immediately, or learn more on their website

Public Transportation

King County Metro
The King County Metro Service is a primary mode of public transit in the Eastside. To learn more about rates and schedules, call 206-553-3000 or go to their website.  

Regional Reduced Fare Permit
The Regional Reduced Fare Permit (RRFP) entitles senior riders (age 65 or older), riders with a disability and Medicare card holders to reduced fares on public transportation systems in the Puget Sound region. Learn more on their website.  

ADA Paratransit Program
The federal Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) requires ‘paratransit’ service for persons whose disabilities prevent them from using accessible, non-commuter, fixed route bus service. To apply, call King County Metro’s Access Customer Service at 206-205-5000 or request more information through their online self-assessment.   

Domestic Violence

LifeWire offers one-on-one support in person, over the phone, and through email. All LifeWire advocates are trained to serve everyone, including immigrantsmen, people who identify as LGBTQ, and teens. If you or someone you know is worried about your relationship or experiencing violence at home, call the LifeWire 24-Hour Helpline at 425-746-1940 or 1-800-827-8840 or go to their website

Technology: Internet, Computers, and Wireless

Assurance Wireless Discounted Cellular Wireless Service
Assurance Wireless, from Virgin Mobile, offers discounted wireless services. Enrollment is available to individuals who qualify based on federal or state-specific eligibility criteria. Learn more by calling 888-898-4888 or apply on their website.

Comcast Discounted Internet Service
Internet Essentials, by Comcast, offers discounted internet service to low-income households, as well as discounted price laptops and desktop computers. Learn more by calling 855-846-8376 or apply on their website

Legal Help

Eastside Legal Assistance Program
The Eastside Legal Assistance Program (ELAP) provides high-quality, no-cost civil legal aid to low-income residents of East King County, Washington, as well as legal aid to survivors of domestic violence throughout all of King County. Call 425-747-7274 or learn more on their website.


The US Department of Veterans Affairs
The VA provides healthcare services to eligible military veterans at VA medical centers and outpatient clinics located throughout the country, as well as other benefits. If you are a veteran, contact the VA at 800-273-8255 or go to their website.  

Employment Assistance

WorkSource is a statewide partnership of state, local and nonprofit agencies that provides an array of employment and training services to job seekers and employers in Washington. To find an office near you and see their services and class schedule, go to their website.