Start a Career with Imagine Housing
Imagine Housing, a 501(c)(3) Washington non-profit corporation incorporated in 1989, is the primary developer of permanent affordable rental housing in East King County. We are a leader in designing and providing client-centered, strengths-based supportive services ranging from after-school programs for kids to case management and trainings for adults at our properties, supporting residents’ efforts to develop greater choice and independence. By developing permanent affordable rental housing and providing supportive services, Imagine Housing empowers individuals and families, supports diversity and strengthens communities on the Eastside. We make it possible for veterans, seniors, survivors of domestic violence, young adults aging out of foster care, and low-income working families to live in and thrive on the Eastside.
Imagine Housing has an excellent reputation on the Eastside and in the Puget Sound region for our commitment to increasing the availability of affordable housing and for our leadership in affordable housing advocacy and in shaping public policy. Over 25 years in the community, we have built or acquired 13 properties in five Eastside cities, serving more than 1,100 low-income individuals with 485 affordable apartments. Imagine Housing and its affiliate, Red Vines 1, have a budget of over $3.7 million and $75 million in assets. Our revenue comes from a healthy blend of rent, developer fees and philanthropic contributions from individuals, corporations and foundations.
We are currently hiring for the following jobs. Please see job description below.
Imagine Housing seeks an organized, detail-oriented, and motivated individual with a commitment to preserving and maintaining high quality affordable housing. The Asset Manager will support the Director of Assets with a primary focus on the oversight of property management and will ensure effective operations of Imagine Housing multi-family housing communities. Imagine Housing offers an outstanding opportunity for an individual who wants to grow professionally and influence positive and lasting change in the community.
The primary functions of the Asset Manager are to maintain the integrity of Imagine Housing’s physical assets and maximize the returns from the assets in accordance with Imagine Housing’s mission, vision, policies and objectives. The Asset Manager is responsible for overseeing all property management, maintenance functions, and capital improvements to ensure the long-term viability of Imagine Housing’s properties.
Imagine Housing is the primary developer of permanent affordable rental housing in East King County, Washington. We are a leader in providing person-centered, strengths-based supportive services ranging from early childhood and after-school programs to case management and community building events at our properties. Our organization is sensitive to the needs of diverse communities and is committed to cross-cultural competence. Imagine Housing empowers individuals and families, supports diversity and strengthens communities. We make it possible for veterans, seniors, survivors of domestic violence, young adults aging out of foster care and low-income working families to live in and thrive on the Eastside.
- Provide asset management support for Imagine Housing’s thirteen existing properties and all new developments, including tax credit and project-based Section 8 projects.
- Assist in processes used for completing capital improvement projects, including budgeting, helping to secure funding, developing Request for Proposals to secure bids, implementing the selection process for contractor(s) to complete the work, and documenting the work completed.
- Interact with the Finance, Fund Development and Housing Development departments to provide information as needed regarding property operations.
- Participate in building specifications and systems design on new buildings.
- Assist the Director of Assets with his/her duties whenever the need arises and priorities dictate.
- Primary oversight of property management day to day operations, responsibilities and maintenance functions performed by a third party property management company.
- Assist in the maintenance of a positive and strong organizational culture that helps attract and retain competent, caring property management and maintenance staff.
- Review property management and maintenance reporting for accuracy and completeness as performed by third party property management company.
- Ensure that the property management team is providing the most professional and high quality property management services to Imagine Housing’s residents.
- Monitor and evaluate property management performance against performance benchmarks and implement strategies to improve performance as needed and report findings to the Director.
- Assist in timely and complete filing of all required documents with project funders and other necessary parties.
- Conduct quarterly resident file inspections at each property.
- Conduct formal site inspections of buildings’ exteriors and interiors.
- Monitor the continued implementation of the Preventative Maintenance Plan and its timely execution and documentation of preventative maintenance at each property.
- Create the forms and format of effective marketing plan for rental properties.
- Regularly evaluate market conditions and property comparables and report to the Director.
- Update the set aside tracking sheets for effective implementation and improvement of the rent schedule in accordance with Imagine Housing’s rent policy.
- Assist in coordination of the lease-up program for Imagine Housing’s new housing developments.
- Respond to calls and concerns from the property management team, maintenance staff, tenants, neighbors and other concerned parties.
- Implement annual resident survey, tabulate results and implement strategies to improve results, as needed.
- Further development of the dashboard, monitor its use and accuracy quarterly and annually including maintaining a study on cost per unit over time for the portfolio.
- Collect and submit Utility Allowance change requests.
- Create and update the annual property budget spreadsheets with revisions to data, formatting and formulas as needed.
- Update Capital Needs Assessment cash flow projections using past and current data.
- Using WBARS data and information collected from Yardi and the property managers, update demographics report annually.
- Assist the Director in ensuring adherence to properties’ operations manuals and to funding requirements, including tax credit and HUD regulations as applicable.
- Recommend and oversee physical repairs and/or replacements.
- Oversee performance of outside contractors as directed.
- Actively collaborate with the Director of Supportive Services, Supportive Services staff and Community Directors to ensure smooth integration of resident services with property management.
- Provide support in the orientation of new Community Directors.
- Periodic and ongoing physical presence at Imagine Housing properties to ensure the operation of the properties meets the expectation of Asset Management and Imagine Housing.
- Implement green buildings/efficiency programs.
- Monitor effective implementation of Imagine Housing rent policy.
- Monitor effective rent collection efforts to minimize delinquencies and rent loss.
- Participate in and provide trainings to the property management team and supportive services.
- A minimum of 3 years asset and property management experience.
- A minimum of 2 years management or supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with fair housing laws, public subsidy programs, and tax credit project management, certification, compliance and reporting requirements.
- Familiarity with annual operating and capital improvement budgets.
- Strong analytical and computational skills.
- Understanding and familiarity with building systems and maintenance procedures. Intermediate knowledge of construction materials and methods.
- Experience in monitoring and improving property management performance against established benchmarks.
- Sets objectives, develops plans and implements strategies to achieve goals.
- Excellent Microsoft Office computer skills required, including word processing, spreadsheets, database, PowerPoint presentations and other office software.
- Ability to communicate clearly and diplomatically, both verbally and in writing.
- Easy to work with in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to track and juggle multiple projects at any given time.
- Works independently with initiative, yet seeks guidance and accepts feedback.
- Knowledgeable about the daily realities facing low-income and homeless individuals and families.
- High ethical standards and values.
- Ability to travel to multiple property sites within the same day.
- BA/BS degree.
- Knowledge of Yardi property management software.
- IREM or NAA professional designation.
- Valid WA driver’s license, reliable vehicle and valid auto insurance.
- The Asset Manager position is a full time, salaried position. Hours worked will be weekdays at least 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., or at a mutually agreed-upon schedule. Evening and/or weekend work also may be required. Regular daily (work week) presence is required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Salary range is from $50,000 to $56,000. Benefits include paid holidays, sick and vacation leave, company-paid medical, dental and life insurance and 401(k) matching contribution. Opportunities for additional training will be provided.
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in your cover letter how you learned of this position, a description of specifically why you are an ideal candidate, your salary history and salary expectations. If you have any questions, please call Suzanne Koval, Director of Asset Management, at (425) 576-5190, ext. 25. Position will remain open until filled.
Imagine Housing seeks an organized, motivated and reliable individual to join the Finance Team of Imagine Housing and its affiliate, Red Vines 1. The Accountant provides general accounting and reporting for the organization. Imagine Housing offers an outstanding opportunity for an individual who wants to grow professionally and effect positive and lasting change in the community. This position reports to the Director of Finance.
Imagine Housing is the primary developer of permanent affordable rental housing in East King County, Washington. We are a leader in providing person-centered, strengths-based supportive services ranging from early childhood and after-school programs to case management and community building events at our properties. Our organization is sensitive to the needs of diverse communities and is committed to cross-cultural competence. Imagine Housing empowers individuals and families, supports diversity and strengthens communities. We make it possible for veterans, seniors, survivors of domestic violence, young adults aging out of foster care and low-income working families to live and thrive on the Eastside.
- Prepare bank deposits and record cash receipts in the accounting system.
- Pay organizational bills in a timely manner.
- Create invoices and process payments related to service funding for multiple properties.
- Complete bank reconciliations for 30+ accounts for the organization and the properties and update reserve spreadsheets for the properties.
- Maintain petty cash accounts.
- Prepare cash available analysis and projections on a weekly basis.
- Manage and maintain records for capital campaign pledges and cash receipts.
- Maintain schedules of uses of capital campaign funds in accordance with designated categories.
- Import monthly property financial information into the accounting system.
- Serve as liaison with property management company regarding financial matters for multiple properties.
- Maintain fixed asset records, including calculation of depreciation.
- Maintain debt schedules and prepare annual debt confirmation letters as required for the audit.
- Perform quarter and year end reconciliations.
- Prepare materials needed for annual audits conducted by outside auditor.
- Assist Director of Finance in preparing annual budgets.
- Import budget information for the organization and all properties into the financial accounting system.
- Perform other accounting and financial duties as assigned.
- Maintain and update the internal monitoring schedule of compliance requirements.
- Prepare financial reports and other filings required by funding agencies and federal, state and local authorities (including compliance reports, Form 1099 and Combined Funders Table 4s).
- Submit quarterly invoices to Department of Commerce O&M for funding for services at multiple properties.
- Calculate state and local B&O tax liabilities and submit monthly/annual returns.
- Assist Director of Finance in the preparation of quarterly variance reports presented to the Board of Directors.
- Provide reports and support to other departments of the organization as required.
- Calculate and input onto the payroll company website semi-monthly payroll information for hourly and salaried employees.
- Maintain employee payroll records.
- Manage employee benefit offerings, including flexible spending.
- Allocate salaries, taxes, and benefit plan premiums to departments.
- Submit quarterly L&I tax returns.
- Review quarterly and annual tax forms prepared by the payroll company for accuracy.
Housing Development Accounting
- Process accounts payables related to housing development projects.
- Reconcile construction and pre-development data for housing development projects (using detailed cost data spreadsheets to track budgets and expenditures) between Finance and Housing Development departments on an ongoing basis.
- Record housing development transactions, such as property acquisition, funding drawdowns, etc. in the accounting software.
- Reconcile construction cash accounts for new development projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 2 years of related accounting experience required; non-profit experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of current GAAP.
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Excel and other MS Office applications.
- Experience working with accounting software. Familiarity with Financial Edge a plus.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to communicate clearly and diplomatically, both verbally and in writing, and to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to balance multiple assignments, prioritize tasks, and work independently to deliver timely and accurate results.
- Integrity and strong work ethic.
- Proactive and resourceful – able to act in anticipation of future problems/needs and to promptly and skillfully deal with new situations and difficulties.
This is a full time (40 hours per week), hourly, non-exempt position. Hours worked will be weekdays between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., or at a mutually agreed-upon schedule. Overtime, evening and/or weekend work may also be required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Hourly range is from $20 – $23/hour, with actual hourly rate determined based on experience. Benefits include paid holidays, sick and vacation leave, company-paid medical, dental and life insurance and 401(k) matching contribution.
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Include in your cover letter how you learned of this position, a description of specifically why you are an ideal candidate, your salary history and salary expectations. If you have any questions please call Hester Winn at (425) 576-5190, ext. 10. Position is open until filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Imagine Housing is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all applicants and employees regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, age, the presence of a disability, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our equal opportunity policy applies to all phases of employment, including recruiting, hiring, job assignment, supervision, training, upgrading, transfer, compensation, benefits, promotion, education and recreation, layoff and termination.