Imagine Housing by the numbers
- More than 1,000 individuals now securely housed.
- Of our 427 families, 66.87% earn less than $20,000 per year.
- $17,714 is the median household income for families.
- $1,416 is the average rent for a two-bedroom apartment in East King County. $458 is the average rent paid by Imagine Housing families.
- 50% of Imagine Housing families report that there is someone with special needs in their household.
- 51.15% of our residents are non-white.
- 69 residents requested resource referrals in 2011, and 63% indicated that they used the resources as a result.
- 72% of residents participating in supportive services said that the program has made them feel more connected to their neighbors.
- 71% of residents participating in supportive services said that the program has increased their sense of safety in their community.
- Of adults who attended trainings in 2011, 85% reported that the training increased their knowledge needed for more stability for their family and 74% reported that their family’s stability was increased as a result.
- Imagine Housing offered 829 hours of child and youth programming in 2011.
- 70% of youth participating in Homework Club improved their homework and study skills in 2011, 57% strengthened their conflict management and interpersonal skills, and 54% increased their leadership skills and self-confidence.
- 73% of parents with children in our programs said that the resident services coordinator has helped their children make informed and responsible choices.
- 427 permanent affordable rental homes throughout Bellevue, Kirkland, Issaquah, Mercer Island and Redmond.
- 98.2% occupancy throughout our housing portfolio.
- 100 brand new homes opened in 2011
- 313 new homes under development to break ground in 2013 and 2015.