Volunteers make all the difference
Thank you for your interest in joining our team of amazing volunteers who dedicate countless hours of service each year to help Imagine Housing provide hope and homes for our low-income neighbors. There are many opportunities to get involved with us and we hope you will find something that matches your interests and passions.
*Full-time AmeriCorps Position Available*
We are currently looking for an AmeriCorps member to lead our Health and Wellness program at our properties. For more information on the position and how to apply, please visit the volunteer posting on AmeriCorp’s website.
Gather a group to help
Many companies and organizations take on property beautification and resident life enhancement projects. We have worked with Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Eagle Scout projects, high school senior projects, university groups, company departments and volunteer professional contractors to name a few.
Many of the opportunities listed below are open to individuals as well as groups.
“When I signed up to volunteer, I hoped that I could make at least a small difference in someone’s life. I hadn’t considered that the inverse would be true – that it would make a difference in my life.”
Imagine Housing volunteer
Partner with resident services
- Sign-up to provide on-going assistance at after-school homework and activity clubs.
- Volunteer as a summer camp counselor. Imagine Housing’s two-week long summer camps take place three days a week between June and August.
- Help host a community building event such as a community barbecue, movie nights, bingo for seniors, a craft day, talent shows or yoga classes.
- Hold a donation drive to collect items such as children’s books, games, cookbooks, arts and crafts supplies, gardening supplies, computer learning and other educational materials, and financial planning resources.
- Gather a group to help provide holiday gifts for children living in our communities.
Support property improvements
- Spend a day working at one of Imagine Housing’s communities doing yard work, property beautification, painting or other special projects.
- Adopt one of Imagine Housing’s 12 communities and provide ongoing property maintenance and resident relations projects.
Help us grow
- Join one of our Board committees: Supportive Services, Fund Development, Finance, Asset Management, Housing Development and Advocacy.
- Assist with administrative work around the office in various departments.
- Volunteer to help make our annual auction a success.
- Host a mini-event to educate your friends, family and co-workers about affordable housing.
- Host a small fundraiser such as a wine tasting, poker tournament, or bowl-a-thon to raise funds for Imagine Housing.
For more information about volunteering with Imagine Housing or to set up a meeting with a staff member in the department of your interest, please fill out this Volunteer Information Sheet and email it to us. We look forward to meeting you!